Thursday, December 08, 2005

Getting away with it...

I was talking to a guy the other day and the topic of TV came up. He said, "I think we have cable."

"What exactly does that mean?"
"Well, we've never seen a bill, but we get all of the channels."

I pondered this thought and didn't judge him, because I have to admit there are things in my life where if put under the microscope, it's possible that I'm trying to "get away with it."

I asked him, "you know, we would never tell our kids that doing this is ok, but why do we think it's ok for us to do it?"
He didn't really have an answer.

I'm not sure I do either, though I suppose that we are masters of rationalization, yet we know there is an absolute truth and perhaps we hope that our kids will turn out better than we did. On the other hand, actions speak louder than words, don't they?

Just something to ponder....continuously.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments