Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hockey and Discovering Life Anew

Perhaps the best thing about kids is the opportunity they present you to rimageediscover the world anew.

Thanks to the kindness of our good friends (and rabid hockey fans), the Lichts, I was able to take Paco to his first game ever, which ended up a victory for the home team.

But, that wasn’t the best part.

The best part was how EVERYTHING was so exciting for him.

He sat there for 2 hours with eyes wide open. The game, the videos, the music, the fans, the concession stands, the escalators, the ticket takers. Whatever it was…you name it, he was entranced.

Honestly, I think I spent more of the game watching his reaction and face than I did actually watching the game.

When I got him home and in bed, he was still fired up and I said to him, “Bud…as long as you live, you’ll remember who took you to your first hockey game.”

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments