Monday, November 14, 2011

Risk as a muscle…

Yesterday I shared an example of rock-climbing as a way to stretch the “comfort zone” muscle.

Earlier that day, I was on a call with one of my rock star financial advisors and he shared an investment idea with me.

It was risky. Not like 99 to 1, but definitely a bit higher risk.

I like to think I have a good balance on my portfolio (I could be wrong and time will tell), but after hearing him out (I trust his judgment), I was confronted with this moment of nerves and a bit of fear.

It was that feeling of RISK.

Then, I just stepped back from the moment and said, “ok, if I lose ALL this money, will it break me?”

The answer, at this moment, fortunately was no.

Then, I said, “sometimes I have to do things that are risky, just so I keep myself comfortable with taking (SMART) risks.”

So, I did it.

Got to keep the muscles in shape.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments