Sunday, December 19, 2010

Unexpected Hotel Guest…

I had just checked into my hotel in New Delhi after a 15 hour flight.

After showering, I quite naturally sat down to check email, etc.

Sitting there in only pajama bottoms, I was surprised to hear my door unlock.

It was so unusual that I didn’t even move. Also, I was so tired, it probably didn’t even register.

The door swings open and there is a woman standing there.

No, she wasn’t naked or anything, but she was just as surprised as I was.

It turned out that the reception desk had told her the wrong room and miscoded her key card.

She was embarrassed. I was pleased that the hotel thought enough of me to send a woman to my room.

Just kidding.

She was also upset (understandably) about the security lapse.

The next evening, I got in the elevator and looked at the woman in it with me. “Hey, was that you last night?” I asked (sounds more X-rated than it really was).

Indeed it was.

Diane Mancene is a Senior Designer for Macy’s and comes to India to help get her designs manufactured.

She also is the newest member of the “FOJ” club (friends of Jeremy) and may, arguably, have the most unique “how we met” story ever.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments