Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Doing What You Love…and Getting Paid

Long time readers of mine (pre-dating the blog) will remember the guiding principlce of my two years in Japan and one year in Germany.

“Try to get people to pay you what you want to do anyway.”

It’s no secret that I love travel.

Love meeting new people and seeing new things. It’s a HUGE adrenaline rush for me.

And, while I could only spend 3 days in India (barely scratching the surface), I smiled as I thought “hey, I’m getting paid to do this.”

I’ve seen a lot recently about how values are changing and people are taking comfort in the simple things, plus reconnecting with their passions.

In reading a book called “The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs,” the author claims that one of the reasons Job’s has been so successful is because he isn’t in it for the money.

Do what you love and the money will follow.

I know it’s a hard leap of faith, but I’m believing in it more and more.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments