Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Learning to Samba…

IMAG0067It’s a long story about WHY I had a free dance lesson coming to me, but I did, so I figured: what the heck?
I went to the Arthur Murray Dance studio in Silver Spring where the fantastic Jenny patiently took me under her wing.
I told her that I wanted to learn Latin dances, so we started off with the Bachata before progressing to the Samba (I’m going to Brazil in Feb) and then some Salsa.
Now, I’ve watched enough “So, You Think You Can Dance,” “Shall We Dance” (Japanese version) and “Dancing with the Stars” to be dangerous, so I had a particularly good time in adding in some extra hip movements.
Though, I have to say, I’m not giving up my day job just yet!
They put on the “soft sell” and I’m not sure if I’ll go back for more…but I did have a GREAT time.
Also, got a chance to watch some serious dancers. Here’s the video.

alt
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments