Thursday, February 14, 2008

I must have been in the control group...

A new study says that first-born children "have higher IQ's, make more money, and are better educated," on average. The explanation is that their parents tend to spend more quality time with them than with subsequent children.

Uh, I love my parents, but I guess something went amiss here, since I don't have a higher IQ, don't mkae more money, and am less educated (if we are going by credentialed degrees, at least).

Feeling a bit neglected....

And, another interesting note:
The research also shows that the youngest child gets roughly the same amount of quality time whether the family is large or small. Price found that parents of large families devote more overall quality time to their children, so the youngest of four siblings ends up with as much quality time as the younger of two siblings.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments