Monday, November 21, 2005

Homeowners for a year...

Tomorrow is exactly one year since we became homeowners for the first time.

We certainly have learned a lot about what that means in a very short time. It's another one of those life experiences that you just can't explain without doing it yourself. You can understand it conceptually, but not fully.

Yesterday, as I was raking the leaves with Erez in the Baby Bjorn, I took a break and looked around. Yes, the house is expensive. Yes, there is ALWAYS something going wrong...that usually costs money (though I am proud of my Macgyver-esque solutions to some things) and yes, there are frustrations, but when all is said and done, my kids have a place they can run around in, make memories in, share with each other, and learn about life. I guess I knew it was an emotional buy as well as a financial one, but only recently, with 2 kids in tow, have I begun to see how much emotion goes into making a house a home.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments