Friday, October 28, 2005

Tomahawk Stickers...

In college football, when a player makes a great play or contribution to his team, many teams hand out little stickers of a school symbol which are affixed to the helmet of that player. The more contributions, the more stickers. So, Florida State (the Seminoles) hand out tomahawks, Ohio State gives out little Buckeye nut stickers.

I don't know what the equivalent award is in the world of parenting, but I just earned one.

NOTE: if you get squeamish easily, you may want to stop now. The next section is only for the strong stomachs out there.

Around 5pm, Calanit started complaining and it was clear that she was constipated. We hugged her and tried to comfort her otherwise, to no avail.

Eventually, I took her upstairs and had an experience that in a million years, I never would have thought I'd have.

I covered my fingers with vaseline and inserted them into Calanit's anus to help extract the hardened, foosball shaped pieces of fecal matter. I kept telling her to push, it was kind of like coaching Tamar during labor.

Eventually, we succeeded and Calanit, who had been crying, looked at me and said "thank you."

When you love your kids, there's no end to what you'll do.

See? I told you this was no place for the squeamish.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments