Saturday, October 22, 2005

Health insurance and socio-economic status...

I had a big dental day yesterday which got me thinking about health insurance.

First, a visit to the general dentist and then to my periodontist for a soft tissue graft.

OK, so I don't have tremendous dental insurance and do have to pay out of pocket for some of it, but later that day I was at the doctor for Calanit's flu shot and the pharmacy for my post-op prescriptions, which cost us nothing.

It got me thinking about what it means to have (or not have) health insurance and how much money you do (or do not have) that is disposable as a result of the type of health insurance you have and, the choices you have to make if everything starts costing a lot of money.

Not sure if I have a solution or even if I have a question, but it's on my mind and I feel for those who are not in the fortunate position that I find myself in currently.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments