Monday, July 18, 2005

High Quality Wedding Speeches

"I could tell you a good story about the groom, but I won't...."

How many times have you been to a wedding where the best man or maid of honor says something like that? I mean, who the hell cares?

Either tell us a good story or don't tell us that you COULD tell us one. We all know that.

I'm tired of lame wedding speeches, but fortunately, yesterday, Tamar and I were priviliged to hear 3 fantastic speeches in a row. They drew pictures, they allowed us to see the personal side of the groom and bride from people who had great perspectives on them, and they were entertaining.

Some key memorable lines from the groom:

"A woman always has the last word in an argument. When a man speaks after the last word, it is the first word of a new argument."

To his bride: "you are the most beautiful, talented, amazing woman I've ever met. You're thoughtful, sensitive, and, uh, honey, I can't read your handwriting here."

"I've learned a few lessons in the few months of dating my wife. "When you're wrong, admit it. When you're right, well, I haven't had that happen yet."
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments