Thursday, July 21, 2005

Focus vs. Big Ideas

The secret is out that, at least in some respect, one of life's purposes is the search for balance between extremes.

I wonder if another two extremes are between periods of intense focus and those of intense whatever the opposite of focus is (unfocus? scatterbrained-edness? open-minded-ness?)

I think this occurs on a macro level as well as a micro level.

These days, I'm a very focused on a macro level. I've got my family and my job. That's pretty much all I think about. On a micro level, there are days when I lose focus or can't stay focused, but by and large, I'm focused.

While I was in college, I was focused on a macro level on academic achievement. While I travelled in Europe and Asia, I was hardly focused--well, I was focused on just seeing the world. Hmmm....maybe you're always focused, it's just not always so clear.

I've got to think about this one a bit more. I'm not so focused right now :-)
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments