Thursday, March 13, 2014

Why You Should Talk to Your Seatmates on a Plane

Had another inspiring talk on an airplane the other day.

It validated my approach.

I learned a ton about the aircraft leasing business from a guy who sells engines for a major manufacture.

So, why do I do it?

  1. Sure, I like the challenge of getting people to like me. It’s part of my WOO StrengthsFinder profile
  2. I like people…I like understanding what makes them tick
  3. But what I really love?
    When I learn about an entirely new field that I could have guessed existed, but never thought about…I feel enriched. And empowered, it provides the fertilizer for the creative part of my brain.

Sure, sometimes people don’t want to talk, no big deal, but if you ask questions and listen, usually you win.

You’ll get ideas that make your business and your life better. I can almost guarantee it.

It will make you a better marketer…and a better person.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments