Thursday, June 24, 2010

Each kid is different

One of the more interesting nuances to being a parent, it seems is reminding yourself that each kid is not a clone of the other and will forge his/her own way.

Maybe it's the recent "graduation" from nursery school or the fact that Nadia/Lakkanen is going to school now, but I've started to have these moments of insight where I view each kid as an individual and not in relation to/in comparison to Tonka/Tikkanen.

Take her out of the picture and we would marvel at their development and their inquisitiveness. But, since we have "been there before," the novelty is a little less stark.

So, I've been forcing myself to appreciate each kid at his/her own stage, independent of the others.

I don't always succeed, but it has felt enriching.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments