Sunday, May 03, 2009

Let Your Kids Paint the Walls...

You may recall Randy Paush, the Carnegie Mellon professor who died of Pancreatic Cancer. His book, "The Last Lecture" was featured  on this bl063og...and on Oprah. The video was a You Tube sensation. I reviewed the book and its impact on me, here.

One of the images from the book that stuck out in my mind was when he showed his childhood bedroom and shared that one of the best things his parents did for him to foster his creativity was allow him to draw on the walls of his room.

Well, 2 weeks ago, I decided that it was time to repaint the wall of our kitchen. It was covered with food stains from 3 years worth of kids throwing food off their booster seats.



First, I let Paco and Tonka paint the wall white. Then, at the suggestion of their aunt, I let them make their imprint on it. Tonka put her handprints and, needless to say, Paco wanted his feet there.
The last lecture

 

 

 

 



Image by nimboo via Flickr
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments