Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Can I call it a Movie Opinion?

Dresden Frauenkirche (Our Lady's Church) taken...

Image via Wikipedia

Well, since I'm not allowed to call them "reviews," I'll just let you know that I really liked Slaughterhouse Five.

AT some point in high school, I think, I picked up the book and well, I put it down pretty quickly. I just couldn't follow it.

Well, now that I've seen the movie, I guess I know why.

It' is MESSED UP.

But, there was something about it...I really liked it.

I had always wondered where the name "slaughterhouse 5" came from...and now I know. It's the location of the barracks where Billy Pilgrim, the hero of our story, spent some of his POW time in Dresden towards the end of WWII.

I'm not sure exactly if I got the lesson of the movie, though it could have been "enjoy each moment as it occurs, it's the only real thing."

About 100 minutes long, it has elements of weirdness a la Pulp Fiction in a 60's kind of way, but certainly fascinating.

 

 

 

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments