Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Being Among Your Own Kind...

BOSTON - MARCH 16:  Jacob Micflikier #9 of the...

Image by Getty Images via Daylife

Whether it is co-religionists, fellow countrymen/women, or people who share your passions, there is something comforting about being among your own kind.

Loyal blog reader, Jacob, invited me to attend a hockey game with him, as he did last year.

We agreed on a date.

2 weeks later, a business opportunity came up that would allow me to moderate a pretty prestigious panel.

For some, this would be an awkward situation.

After almost 8 years of marriage, I am more sensitive to these situations than I once would have been.

So, I delicately explained the conflict I was feeling to him.

He looked at me, "you idiot. Go for the deal!"

He's a Biz Dev guy, so he gets it. No hard feelings, at all.

Similar to how I felt when I was at the Social Media Jungle on 11/13. Didn't need to justify my Twitter/FB/Plaxo/blog mania, etc.

Ah, refreshing to not have to explain yourself. The common meta-language is a given.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments