Sunday, September 04, 2005

Existing on two levels....

The events of this past week in New Orleans help remind us of what is most precious in life. It's easy to take from a tragedy like this that we should spend the bulk of our time on earth focusing on the most important things there are...family, health, etc. and ignore the seemingly mundane things, like doing the laundry.

For whatever reason, I can't do that, at least not all of the time. I guess I feel like paying attention to those little details like organizing your desk makes it easier for me to have the peace of mind to focus on the larger stuff, the more important thoughts. I'm not sure why, but I know that it is the case.

Of course, there's danger in swinging the pendulum all the way to that side as well.

Damn, there it is again, balance as the key. :-)
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments