Thursday, March 18, 2004

It's hard to believe that Tamar has been my wife for three years. Today is our anniversary and though it's clear that the nature of love and life changes dramatically and in many ways so does our relationship, I feel blessed to say that I still am in love with my wife. With Calanit in the picture, it's a different, perhaps more meaningful, mature love. We celebrated in our typical fashion. We each got each other a card (she beat me to the punch by putting her card for me on top of the bag in which I had hidden the ones I got for her-unbeknownst to her) in the morning and then the three of us went out to the Vegetable Garden for dinner. Then, she went dancing and I brought "the Pooka" (as Calanit is now known) home.

Today was also the District meeting at Microsoft and we had an interesting team-building exercise that involved a scavenger hunt. I won't go into details, but the most valuable thing I learned today is one thing I've been continually working on...I need to improve my listening skills and truly seek first to understand and then be understood. I'm not there yet, that's for sure.

All in all, it's been a good week, with some nice accomplishments; some ups, some downs, but one of growth nonetheless.

This shabbat, we're off to Baltimore for a visit with the Moskowitz family.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments