Sunday, January 31, 2010

Inglorious Basterds…

When I was younger, I didn’t really appreciate Quentin Tarantino all that much.

For whatever reason, I see the humor and appreciate the style and ironic twists of his film.

So, too, with my recent viewing of “Inglorious Basterds” which plays off the hilarious Seth Rogen line in “Knocked Up” (roughly paraphrased)

“I loved the movie Munich! In almost every movie, it is the Jews getting whacked. It’s about time we did the whacking!”

Well, the Jews do most of the whacking in this movie and it makes for some interesting “what if?” scenarios as well as some good ol’ not feeling like the victim always in Holocaust era films.

Irreverent? Absolutely.

Violent? You betcha.

If you have a stomach for these things, worth checking out. If not, skip it, you’ll just walk away offended.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments