Thursday, October 16, 2008

Milwaukee on my mind…

Location of Milwaukee in Milwaukee County, Wis...

Image via Wikipedia

Ever had one of those weeks where a term or concept (which is out of your usual frame of reference) makes itself known over and over again?

For me, it is Milwaukee.

Over 7 days, I found 6 references to it come up.

  1. I was introduced to Sue Marks, the CEO of Pinstripe Talent. She lives in Milwaukee.
  2. A few days later, I talked to Rob Hirschmann. His company is opening up an office in Milwaukee (and I introduced him to Sue).
  3. A potential business partner called and said, "we'd like to have you come to our client's strategic business meeting in..." ( you guessed it).
  4. I was talking with some friends about one of my favorite bloggers, Andy Sernovitz.
    One of them (Panina Licht) said, "did he go to high school in Milwaukee? (they were in the same class)
  5. In a conversation about politics, Jacob Licht said, "it really jumped the shark..." (bonus points if you get the Milwaukee reference before clicking on the link)
  6. Met a new guy who moved into my neighborhood, born and bred in....yep.

 
Made me think of that scene from Wayne's World with Alice Cooper after the concert. "Algonquin for 'the good land.'

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments