Sunday, September 23, 2018

When a random birthday call becomes a random reunion

As you may know, I have a daily custom of calling people on their birthdays.  It's fun for me as I get to talk to people with whom I haven't spoken with in a year (or more).

Today, I was making the day's worth of calls and called Josh Duncan.

Josh and I met about 10 years or so ago (we can't remember exactly how), but we have chatted a few times, met up once, done a podcast together, and since we both are in marketing and tech, will exchange ideas on occasion.

So, anyway, Josh answers the phone and says, "oh, I saw the 202 area code and figured it was either you or Trump calling me. And, by the way, I am in your neck of the woods?"

Josh had lived, until very recently, in Austin and now lives in Chicago, so I was intrigued.

"Really?" I asked. "What brings you to town?"

"Well, my mother-in-law lives here now and my son and are on our way to the Packers-Redskins game at FedEx field."

"You're a Packers fan?" I asked.

"I grew up in Wisconsin," he replied.

"That's really interesting because I am in the car right now with my son and we are ALSO on the way to the Packers-Redskins game."

We met up at halftime.


blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments