Monday, August 22, 2016

Future Proofing Yourself

How do you get your current self ready for the future self?

I've been thinking about this mostly in the context of businesses facing an upcoming disruption from blockchain technologies.

But that's kind of secondary to this point.

I think we can all agree that the future is going to be quite different from the past.  So, as my friend JDO used to say, "what got us here isn't going to get us there."

That's why I spend a lot of time challenging the concepts of higher education as we know it.

It's why I think programming is so critical. 

But that's just my opinion.

None of us know what the future holds, but we can all think about HOW we might begin to think about the trends we see so we can prepare for them.

How do I future-proof?


We all spend so much time thinking about today and tomorrow...but how about preparing for 20 years for now?
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments