In reality, it's not something about which to be super proud. Proving your road warrior toughness is, well, maybe a sign of misplaced priorities.
Yet, with not so many accomplishments to tout, I submit for your consideration the current itinerary in which I am currently engaged.
Sunday evening, March 8th
- train from DC to NY Penn Station, arrive at 11pm
Monday evening, March 9th
- train from NYC back to DC, arriving home at 10:30pm
Tuesday morning, March 10th
- Leave home at 7am for a 9am flight from DCA to Toronto with entire family.
- Sit in Toronto airport for 6 hours. Fortunately, there's wi-fi and kids have iPads.
- Depart Toronto at 5pm to Israel.
Wednesday, March 11th
- Arrive in Israel at 9am. Get car and drive to Jerusalem. Stay in Israel for 4 full days.
Sat. night, March 14th
- Leave Israel at 10:55pm, flying to Newark.
Sunday morning, March 15th
- Arrive in Newark at 4.30am
- The baggage door on the plane won't open, so we all wait by the carousel for 90 minutes (we can't go through customs w/o our bags). A huge line amasses. Fortunately, I have Global Entry and get my own line.
- Go to United Club, where I take a shower and drink the 2nd of what will be multiple coffees.
- Take shuttle from C gates to A gates for 8:55am flight to Austin.
- Get on the plane, only to find out that there's a maintenance issue and we have to deplane.
- Then, we have to change gates, so we take the shuttle BACK to C gates for a new plane.
- That plane, eventually, leaves Newark at 11.55 (3 hours late).
- Arrive in Austin at 3pm local time (roughly and hopefully as I'm writing this while on the plane)
- Oh, by the way, I have brought 2 HUGE bags back with me to try and make things easier for NFO and kids when they fly back from Israel w/o me. (Needless to say, one of them-the one I needed-didn't make it to Austin in time)
- Attend Sprinklr SXSW party
Monday, March 15
- Leave Austin around noon and fly (via Houston) back to Reagan National where I will wait for about 4 hours and meet up with family returning from Israel via Toronto. They will have a 4-5 hour layover and get in around 11pm.
- Take family home and hopefully help get them settled.
Tuesday, March 16
- Home. Yay.
Wednesday, March 17
- 8am flight from Dulles to Seattle. Arrive in Seattle at 11am local time. Give presentation at 4.15pm local time.
Thursday, March 18
- 8am flight BACK from Seattle to DC. Arrive home around 5pm.
So, when all is said and done, we are looking at:
- 8 days
- 8 airports
- 4 time zones (where a night was spent)
- 3 countries
- 2 continents
- 2 train stations
And let's not talk about next week!