40 acts of kindness..by each of us.
The four of us have been tracking dilligently and, at times, asking the NFO for approval of whether our act did indeed count towards the goal.
I am proud to say that both Tikkanen and Jokinen have reached the milestone. With 2 days left, I have 5 to go...and Nadia, well..she made a strong effort.
But more impressive than all of that was the inspiring effort put forth by "Aunt" Helene Reisler who, like many others, said she would celebrate the "40 for 40" effort and make her own list.
And she did!
Herewith...her list of accomplishments. Kudos!!
Hi Jeremy and Team,
It is an honor, blessing, and joy for me to share with all of you my list of the following 40 F0R 40 ACTS OF KINDNESS TOWARDS OTHERS that I did, in honor of Tamar's 40th birthday:
1. Monday, Sept. 29th- made and delivered a dinner meal to Dina's and Eitan's home in honor of their new baby.
2. Wednesday, Oct. 1st- I helped Sarah Shapiro out and took her daughter, Ella, home from the bus stop because her son, Charlie, was sick.
3.Oct. 8th- I made and delivered a meal to Melissa & Josh Stein's home in honor of their new baby.
4.Oct. 10th- At Ohr Kodesh I stopped to be kind and listen to a woman, who was coming out of services, and briefly shared her feelings of sadness with me.
5.Oct. 10th- I was helpful to a young mother by watching and holding and comforting & soothing her 2 year old daughter, who was tired and upset, while the mother put her other kids in the car to go home from Ohr Kodesh Synagogue.
6.Oct. 27th- I took a 102 year old woman, who cannot drive, home from Rabbi Herzfeld's Parsha class for women.
7. Oct. 27th- I made and delivered a dinner meal to Tammy and Josh Levine's home in honor of their new baby.
8. Oct.26th- I played the piano for Cantor Hinda Labovitz's cantorial installation ceremony at Ohr Kodesh.
9. Made and delivered a meal for a neighbor who had knee surgery.
10. Nov. 14th- 15th weekend-Helped out with birthday celebrations for my daughters, Emily-36th, and Julie-40th. A joy and blessing.
11. I had first extra rehearsal with Cantor Hinda Labovitz.
12. I had 2nd extra rehearsal with Cantor Hinda Labovitz
13. I had 3rd extra rehearsal with Cantor Hinda Labovitz
14. I had 4th extra rehearsal with Cantor Hinda Labovitz
15. I had 5th extra rehearsal with Cantor Hinda Labovitz
16. I am volunteering to be music director and accompanist for JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT play at JPDS on Sunday, December 14th, 2014.
#17- 28- I played piano for 12 rehearsals for JOSEPH at JPDS show.
29. I volunteered and did the music for JFGH High Holiday party at Ohev Shalom in Seot. 2014.
30. Drum rehearsal for Joseph at JPDS with drummer extraordinaire,Rachel Milner Gillers.
31. Going to shabbat services and being with my grandchildren, also a blessing and Mitzvah and joy.
32.Doing the Walk For Life on 11/9/14, and extra joy of seeing Calanit there as well and giving her a hug.
33. Volunteering and doing music at Ohev Shalom JFGH Thanksgiving Holiday Party in Nov. 2014.
34.Making and delivering a meal for Siona and her husband in honor of their new baby.
35. Volunteered and helping out with music & dancing at OHEV SHALOM THANKSGIVING DAY FEAST on Thanksgiving day afternoon.
36. Taking my grandkids Ice Skating and having a wonderful time watching them enjoy ice skating.
37. Made a second meal for my neighbor who had knee surgery.
38. One on one music help session with a cast member from Joseph at JPDS.
39. Helped out a lady in exercise class by getting her a towel and mat to use.
40. Volunteering and doing music and dance for JFGH Chanukah party, 12/16/14.
I believe that I was being kind to myself and I derived much much joy and blessing by doing the above 40 acts of kindness towards others, and towards myself as well, in honor of the 40th birthday of dear Tamar, who I love very much and who is a blessing & joy in my life.
Once again thank you for giving me the blessing and joy of being included in this very appropriate Campaign for Kindness in celebration of Tamar, as I think Tamar is a living blessing.
Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be a part of this wonderful and appropriate celebration for Tamar in honor of her 40th birthday.
Much love and blessings to all of you, Helene/Aunt Helene :_)