Monday, November 19, 2012

Inspiration from Starbucks…but not how you think

IMG_20121017_144229

My longstanding travel policy is that-no matter how short-I always do one thing that is unique to the city I’m visiting.

Most of my recent trips to the Seattle area have been to surrounding cities and not downtown.

This time, I was in the heart of it all, so aside from taking in a glorious sunset over Puget Sound from my hotel window (which doesn’t really count), I did make it to Pike Place Market (no fish were thrown at the time) and the original Starbucks.

I did think about Howard Schultz and what must have been pretty long, thankless nights there and I can’t even imagine the amount of work that it took to get where he is today.

Definitely inspiring.IMG_20121016_180713

Really a beautiful city.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments