Thursday, May 13, 2004

You know when people say that their kids grow up so quickly? Well, it seems cliche, but I'm finally in that boat and Calanit is only 5 months old. On Sunday, I had to adjust the straps on her car seat as she had grown out of the first size and I found myself getting very emotional.

It's such a tough balance. On the one hand, I want to be home with her, play with her, and watch her develop. On the other hand, I've got to be out there and earn the money to support the family and give her all that I want her to have.

It's really amazing and difficult to contemplate how much love you have for this little being, so innocent, so beautiful, and who represents so much.

I love those profound moments when I look at her and just think how she will (G-d willing) outlive me, have children and grandchildren of her own, and one day, like all of us, come to the end. But, there's hopefully so much between now and then, an unwritten book, or a book with nothing but blank pages on which she will write the story of her life. I'm so excited to see it and nervous that I won't be there.

All of these tragedies that people face, untimely death, disease, etc., they weigh so much more heavily now that I have a daughter.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments