Friday, April 02, 2010

Suburban Dad Decathalon…

Having recently finished the annual Passover-related cleaning of the minivan (during which I removed all of the seats from the car and took the house Oreck vacuum outside to attempt to complete the task), I began to contemplate the demanding skill set of today’s suburban dad.
From there, it wasn’t much of a leap to think of an ESPN X-games like event where dads would compete in events such as:
  • inserting and removing minivan seats
  • inserting and removing child safety seats
  • folding up strollers (one-handed)
  • handing a sippee cup to a child seated behind you (while driving, of course)
  • taking out the trash
  • taking your wife’s relatives to the airport (at 6am)-[hat tip on that one to my brother in law, Ami, who did just that]
  • changing a diaper on the floor of the minivan (bonus points for a public restroom with no diaper changing station)
I’m open to other suggestions, so let me know what I missed.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments