Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tough Mudder #2…in the books

Not sure exactly what it is about running 12 miles on a cold, windy day through the hills of West Virginia and stopping every so often to deal with one of 22 obstacles that I enjoy, but whatever it is, I like it.

Maybe the rush, the mental challenge that is required to run through electrified wires and crawl through mud (as well as the physical), but I gave it another whirl this past Sunday at Tough Mudder Mid-Atlantic.

Here are the pics. Videos below.

This one was tougher than Tough Mudder #1 for me because

  1. it was about 1.5 miles longer
  2. whereas NJ is flat, West Virginia isn’t
  3. it was colder
  4. it was windier
  5. it had more water involved

Still, the team performed beautifully (and I liked the fact that this time I had a group of people to do it with).

 






blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments