Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Is a 529 Plan Worth It?

I’ve had this discussion recently with 3 people.

And not about “oh, is it a good investment” kind of discussion, but a different chat that goes at the fundamental underlying assumption:

Is COLLEGE really worth it anymore? In its current incarnation, that is.

That’s not to say that education and credentials aren’t worth it, they certainly are, but are colleges actually preparing our kids for the future?

I don’t believe they are and, right now, I am in the minority, but it is growing.

At least, I am starting to see more and more smart people start to ask the right/tough questions.

Here is one of my favorite VC’s (Fred Wilson) talking about it. Worth the watch about the potential future of online higher education.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments