Thursday, July 28, 2011

Watching Innocence in the Rearview Window…

Usually, I take the kids to the pool in the minivan, but the NFO had it (and I hadn’t told her I was going to take them).

Fortunately, we can arrange all of the booster/car seats so that they can squeeze into the back of my Elantra.

It works.

Anyway, on the way back from the pool, we were listening to one of their CDs (well it was an mp3 version, but I digress) of a guy who sings at the nursery school where they all went (Mr. Charley).

The three of them were singing at the top of their lungs and I was watching them.

They were oblivious to my observation and, frankly, I was almost in tears.

Just special to watch this purely childhood moment taking place in the backseat…and more meaningful because they were so close to each other and to me.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments