Thursday, June 17, 2010

I know what I am capable of….

A few weeks ago, Albert Pujols, one of the best baseball players in the world, hit 3 homeruns in one game at Wrigley Field in Chicago.

Prior to that, he had been “in a slump” for quite some time.

I wish I could find the video interview to share it, but I was so impressed with his attitude afterwards.

He said (paraphrased), “I don’t get upset when people make comments about my slump or how I am not performing. What upsets me is that I know what I am capable of and am not doing it.”

I thought…”wow, what a refreshing attitude!”

He wasn’t arrogant about it at all. He just knows what he can do and expects that from himself.

It seemed to me that this approach is all we can ask of our kids and ourselves. Do what we know we are capable of.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments