Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Mall of America...


As a student of American history and marketing, how could I not go to the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN?

On the one hand, it represents all that is great about America. Capitalism at its finest.
The opportunity to buy pretty much anything you want (imported Irish Meade anyone?) and engage in all types of activities (roller coaster inside).
On the other hand, it is pure excess. The thought that this island of everything exists in a world where so many have so little makes you wonder if, at times, we have lost our way.
It really is impressive...and expensive (I dropped $30 in 30 minutes...ouch.) But, Tonka was a sport and I made her a deal, "you go on the carousel twice, but you have to go on Ferris wheel w/me once."
I wanted to help her conquer her fear.
And she did.
What's more American than that?








blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments