Friday, June 09, 2006

Exercise Triple Crown...

Over the course of a week, I try to integrate three types of exercises into my routine. Actually, I don't have a routine these days, but let's just say that I make an effort to do at least one type of some sort of exercise at least 5 days a week.

Okay, that was a lot of qualification.

They are:
Aerobic (running, Nordic Track, and less frequently rowing or swimming)
Strength (12 sets of 20 pull-ups about 3 times a week)
Yoga or Pilates (1-2 times per week)

Tuesday and Wednesday were nuts for me. I had hit the Nordic Track at 10pm on Monday night and with child responsibilites and work as they were, I didn't get to exercise either day. Plus, I was exhausted.

I was determined to get some done today. If I don't, I get grouchy and irritable.

Tamar went to the dentist in the morning and somehow I managed to engage both of my kids in doing yoga with me (and also keeping them occupied with blocks) in the morning.

At 2pm, while working from home, I took a break and did some pull ups.

At 3.30, I took a 90 minute nap. Yes, you read that correctly.

At 6pm, I took the two kids out in the double jogging stroller for a 30 minute run. Calanit is a good running partner and both of them love it when I really accelerate on the downhill.

Then, as a bonus, I got to play lacrosse for 15 minutes with my neighbors.

These days are very rare for me, but I did appreciate it and certainly feel better.

Not too shabby...
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments