Thursday, July 31, 2014

The (end of?) the Jewish Golden Age

About 16 years ago, I had a conversation with my friend, Josh Feigelson, and we were remarking how we were living at one of the most unique times in all of Jewish history.

Prosperity, security, education, acceptance into society. We wondered if the genration knew how good we had it (granted, it was a US centric view of things), we wondered if this generation had the strength to deal with things if that situation changed, and we wondered when they would end.

Call it paranoia (though history is a pretty good guide) I suppose.

When I look around at the vitriol online at Israel and Jews (no difference for most), I just wonder if we're at an inflection point.

Hope not.

Not just because what it means for Jews, but what it means for the world.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments