Thursday, February 25, 2010

Long-term benefit of crazy…

Blog readers who have been with me for a while know “the Maine story.”

It’s helped shape my life attitude in many ways.

What I’ve recently discovered is that “Maine” moments have a secondary residual benefit, which I hadn’t originally anticipated.

Back in 1996, Chuck and I got in a car in DC at 10pm and drove all night to Atlanta to participate in the Olympic games (I went to watch a Judo match).

As part of our ritual, we sang that famous Olympic tune every time we entered a new state.

Well, the other night as Paco, Tonka, and I were watching the Olympics, I told them the story of driving all night to be there.

So, when I was 23, I did something that was “a bit crazy” and that has become the fodder for a bonding moment with my kids.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments