Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Seats on a plane…

Was boarding a plane the other day. Had my aisle seat reserved.

I get there and there is someone sitting in it. His wife is in the middle seat. The window seat is open.

I look at him and point to my boarding pass.

He nods, gets up, and moves to the window seat. His seat.

Now, I understand that people like aisle seats (I do), and sometimes you hope people won’t show up so that you can take a more desirable seat.

What I didn’t get, however, was why he did that BEFORE everyone was finished boarding?

Was he hoping that I would say “oh, you want the aisle, let me take the window?”

Some, less confrontational than I, might take that exact approach, but it seemed a bit rude to put me in the uncomfortable position.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments