Saturday, March 08, 2008

Circle of Life, contd.

The three days in March from 8-10 were always a special time growing up because my grandfather, my aunt, and I had consecutive days of birthdays.

Last year, we lost Poppy and the March 8th part of the equation.

Today, we filled that void.

My brother and sister-in-law had their son this AM and now the three days of Birthdays in March remains whole, only with the next generation.

More than that, however, is the cosmic significane of the boy part of the "there's one for each of them" coming on my grandfather's birthday.

When I heard, I began to tear, as my kids and I had been speaking about Poppy this AM, right around the time that his great-grandson was being born.

On Sunday, we unveiled the tombstone for my grandparents. On Saturday, we welcome the next of their offspring.

One week: death, birth, and of course, that other certainty: taxes.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments