Tuesday, September 20, 2016

25 Years of Email

It was right around this time, 25 years ago that my friend, Josh Milner called me from MIT during our Freshman year of college.

He said, "Jer, you've got to try this email thing out."

He was the first person I ever emailed.

And it introduced me, at the perfect time, to a world that I knew would be exciting but had NO idea how it would radically change everything.

I remember, sophomore year, I took a Computer Science class (1 credit) called "Exploring the Internet" and most of my friends said, "WHY is a History major taking a CS class?"

I replied..."I just feel like there's something big with this Internet thing."

No joke, I actually said that.

Apparently, back in 1991 there were fewer than 1,000,000 people in the whole world who had email.

Thanks, Josh.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments