Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Ivy League Brand Challenges

I don't have anything against the Ivy League. That's not the point of this post.

The point of this post is to highlight the ongoing threat that I see to the traditional way we think of credentialing young people for their ability to succeed in the modern work world.

You may not see that in this article (pdf) about how Goldman Sachs is expanding recruiting beyond the traditional Ivy League schools (and maybe this is all a PR stunt?), but that's what I see.

What I see is a technology-enabled leveling of the playing field when it comes to demonstrating competence.

I know I have been on this kick for a while now and I may be a few years ahead of the curve.

But Goldman's decision to say 'hey, the best and the brightest may not only be at a few brand name schools" is notable.


blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments