Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pretty low in the Dad rankings...

There are some days when you really appreciate your own parents.

Today was one of them.

All three of the kids went to bed near midnight last night and they were, well, exhausted this morning and in the afternoon.

I implemented a Draconian evening program and made them all get in bed by 7.45.

The resistance was strong-willed and determined. I was called names. I was villified. It was less than pleasant.

I took comfort in my newfound paternal strategy of "I'm not here to make you happy" which I borrowed from Louis CK (here's the video)

Still, it's not easy being told that you're "mean," "not fair," and more. My dad ranking were lower than Obama's.

But, hey, it's a part of the ride, I suppose.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments