Monday, September 26, 2011

State 48—Alaska-Helicopters and Glaciers

For those of you keeping track, it Knik Glacier in Alaska (14)took 18 months to make it from state 47 (Oregon) to state 48. (Interestingly enough, it also took 18 months to make it from state 46-Michigan).

Now, how I got here is an interesting story in and of itself.

I was presenting at a national convention of Visitors and Convention Bureaus in the summer of 2010.

Halfway through, I felt like the audience and I had a good rapport, so I “brokKnik Glacier in Alaska (10)e character” and basically said,

“ok, if there is anyone here from Alaska, Nebraska, or Hawaii, let me know. I need to visit your state and I’m willing to negotiate.”

Wouldn’t you know it, but the guy from Anchorage came up to me at the end and said, “I’ll bite.”

13 months later, I’m riding a helicopter and then landing on Knik Glacier in Alaska.

More to come on Alaska….

But for now…enjoy the video from the helicopter. I loved that (had never done it before).

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments