Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Election Day and the “Apple Ballot”

001 Even before one of the Board Members of the NEA made anti-Semitic remarks to me on a plane, I had negative feelings about the Teachers’ Union.

After reading Richard Evans’ great book Coloring Our Way to Calamity: Globalization, the Public Schools and Your Children (review here), those feelings intensified.

So, today, when I go to the polls, I will take the “Teachers Recommend” list here and vote AGAINST these people.

Now, it’s not about the teachers, it’s about the union. I think they do MUCH more harm than good.

Most of my friends who are teachers know that they pay union dues, but really don’t understand what the union does.

At least the Montgomery County Educators Association made it easy for me.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments