Thursday, September 23, 2010

Travel and Kids…What’s the balance?

This isn’t about travelling with kids.
It’s about traveling without them.
I’m very fortunate at the moment to have a lot of business opportunities and in my role as co-provider, I feel an obligation to take advantage of them.
On the other hand, when you go to places like Delhi, Tokyo, Sao Paolo, and Seattle, it means you are gone for a few days.
And, with time zones, it’s not always easy to connect for bedtime, etc.
It’s exciting, of course, to have the chance to travel, but I don’t want to be an absentee father. I want to be involved.
At the same time, this is the business life I have chosen (for now) and I kind of have to go where the business is (don’t get me wrong, I love what I do, but you know what I mean.)
It’s that eternal search for balance. Tough as always.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments