Friday, February 15, 2008

Movie: Eastern Promises

One thing I enjoy is when one experience reinforces the knowledge gained from another.

So, as I watched Eastern Promises, I was reminded of a documentary about the Russian Mafia I had seen on the History Channel, particularly the role of tattoos and was able to have a deeper understanding of part of the film.

If I have a criticism, it was that, at the end, I was left feeling like I wanted a bit more, but I guess, that's probably a good thing.

I thought the acting was superb, the issues very real and the story very compelling, as raw and brutal as it was at times.

Definitely worth a view and made me miss even more the Russian/Turkish bath house in NYC (site of my bachelor party, no joke)

Now, if they only had one in DC...

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments