Sunday, February 12, 2006

It happens to the best of us...

If you’ve ever spoken to me about computers, you know that there are three things I emphasize.

  1. anti-virus software
  2. firewall
  3. backup religiously

 

Well, last Saturday night, I experienced something I had never seen before, a total Hard Drive crash. It was crazy, could not even get the machine to work. Well, bottom line, had to buy a brand new hard drive and reinstall EVERYTHING.

 

Fortunately, I back up like a madman and with a few exceptions (some emails and what have you), I’ve got everything that is important, financials, legal, medical, photos, and music. Worked out well, all things considered.

 

And, in the process, learned quite a bit about how computers work (and also got to reorganize my office, a.k.a. the “man cave.”)

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments