Thursday, October 27, 2005

Reading with "the boy"...

Seeing your kids move from stage to stage is clearly one of the joys of parenting. Sometimes, they happen all of a sudden. Sometimes, they sneak up on you.

On Thursday nights (as with most nights of the week), Tamar goes out and I have the "opportunity" to spend some quality time with my kids. Some nights are better than others.

Calanit went to sleep and Erez and I watched 2 episodes of the Apprentice together and towards the end of the show, I noticed he was watching me intently. With a moment of paternal responsibility, I turned off the TV and went to get some books for Erez. We then proceeded to read classics like "Is Your Mama a Llama?" and "Pajama Time."

What was very moving was how focused he was on the book as I read to him and he stared at the pictures (I presume.) I really felt like we were having a serious father-son bonding moment.

With 2 kids, it's not as easy to have solid 1:1 time, so it means a lot when you have one.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments