When I travel somewhere, I do my best to coordinate a central meet-up for folks in that city.
In LA, we had a great turnout and I felt so blessed to connect:
- William Francke (and his wife Kim) whom I know from my Snickelways era with
- Shira Shimoni from my Upper West Side days with
- Amy Detrick, my world-class designer for the past 3 years (and whom I had never met in person before that night) with
- Angie Aldape, a co-worker at Sprinklr with
- Josh David, my cousin, to
- Mike Bonifer, another person I had never met before that night in person.
What makes a gathering like this work, in my opinion, is that you give people a chance to get out of their normal circles and get exposed to others with new ideas.
- William works at a company called Vigilent, which has a hi-tech way to reduce cooling costs in data centers.
- Shira works at an e-commerce company called Magento which was acquired by eBay
- Amy is a freelance designer
- Angie is on the front lines of the social business revolution at Sprinklr.
- Josh is a writer for E!
- Mike is an improv teacher for businesses.
And on top of it all, I walk away feeling all the more inspired and connected.